Are Medical Science Liaisons receiving adequate onboard training?
The Medical Science Liaison Society is conducting the first global survey on onboarding and ongoing training for MSLs. We are conducting this to gain insights into what current training programs are offered to MSLs across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, and other healthcare companies.
A recent report from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) highlighted the importance and benefits of an effective onboarding training program:
- New employees who attend a well-structured onboarding program, are 69 percent more likely to remain at the company up to three years.
- When new employee onboarding is offered, it leads to higher job satisfaction, Organizational commitment, Lower turnover, Higher performance levels, Career effectiveness and Lowered stress
- 25% of companies stated that their onboarding training program does not include any form of training
- 25% of companies lose new employees within a year, simply due to bad onboarding training
How does this compare to MSL onboarding training programs?
Our aim is to shed light on the following topics (among others):
- Do most companies offer formal MSL onboarding programs
- If so, what does the onboarding training consist of
- What topics are covered during the onboarding training
- What is lacking
- How long do these programs last
- What training methods are utilized
- If no training is offered, why not
- Are MSLs satisfied with their initial onboarding training
- What MSLs really want from training
- How effectively does the training prepare MSLs to engage with KOLs
- How does your training compare to others
We will be creating a full report of the results, which we expect to publish by early fall 2016. Like all our surveys and research, the FULL results will be FREE to all those who participate (as well as all MSL Society members).
Our goal is to add value to the global MSL community.
We strongly believe this type of information should be readily available and free! We will NEVER sell the data to anyone!
Can you please help us build this valuable free resource for the MSL community?
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
This survey is ONLY open to current MSLs (or equivalent title) and MSL management!
Click the link to take the survey: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/medical-science-liaisons-receiving-adequate-onboard-training-dyer?trk=mp-author-card